Placer County Real Estate Statistics
The following charts are updated monthly using data from Metrolist MLS. To view the details and photos for recent home sales in Placer County, visit Placer County recent home sales.
Number of New, For Sale, Pending, and Sold Listings in December 2021
- The number of new listings added to the market in Placer County this December was down 13% compared to December of last year. The total number of homes for sale at the end of the month was down 7%.
- The number of homes pending sale was down 7% as well compared to last year.
- The number of homes that closed in December was down 16% compared to last year.
- The drop in pending sales and closed sales is directly related to the decline in homes listed for sale. If more homes were listed the sales would increase.
Average Price Per Square Foot
- The average price per sqft was down 3.5% compared to November, but up 7.8% compared to last December.
Days on Market and Sale Price to List Price %
- The average number of days on market rose to 24 days as homes that had previously not sold found buyers, due to a lack of new listings.
- The average % of asking price received fell to 99%, which was the first time below 100% since last January. This is likely driven by the same lack of new inventory and increasing more ambitious original asking prices from sellers.
- 50% of the homes were sold with 1 offer, or an undisclosed number of offers, with 50% selling with multiple offers.
- 21% had 2 offers, 20% had 3 to 5 offers, and 9% had 6+ offers.
- The highest disclosed number of offers received was 19 for a single-story home with a pool on a large cul-de-sac lot in Lincoln, which sold for $580,000, after being listed for $529,000. You can view the details for that property Here, Another single-story home backing to the greenbelt in Sunset Whitney in Rocklin also received 19 offers and was bid up to $700,000 after being listed for $615,000. You can view the details for that home Here.
Average Sale and Asking Price
- The average sales price rose slightly compared to November and was up 12% compared to last year.
Median Sale and Asking Price
- The median sale price also rose slightly compared to November and was up nearly 16% compared to December of last year.
Housing Inventory Level
- Inventory levels have remained very low and at the same level of .8 months seen during December of last year.
Highest Priced Home Sale
- The most expensive home sold in December was a nearly 6,000 square-foot home on 3.4 acres in Penryn, which sold for $2,600,000 after being listed for $2,690,000.
- The 2nd most expensive home sold in December was a brand new 4,000 square-foot home in Colinas Estates in Granite Bay, which sold for its asking price of $2,500,000.
- The 3rd most expensive home sold in December was a brand new 4,000 square-foot home on Vista Cielo in Newcastle, which sold for $2,090,000 after being listed for $2,125,000,
3 Most Expensive Homes Sold in Placer County in December 2021
To view all the recent sales in Placer County visit Recent Placer County Home Sales.
For a breakdown of the statistics for specific communities, please visit the links below.